The Street Maintenance Department has the responsibility for ensuring the safety and maintaining the condition of all public streets, alleys, and rights of ways.
- Patching potholes, utility cuts and driveway aprons
- Crack sealing
- Asphalt rejuvenation
- Street cleaning
- Snow and ice removal from streets
- Alley grading
- Chip sealing
- Leaf collection
- Unplugging drains or sumps
- Stormwater drainage – maintain all storm drains, catch basins and drainage problems within the city.
- Erect and maintain all city informational and traffic signage such as stop signs, speed limit, school, parking, warning and street marker signs.
- Facility maintenance
- Install all driveway culverts for newly developed properties and replace old culverts as requested. Note: Culverts are to be purchased by property owner.
- Replace and construct new sidewalks
- Stripe/paint all city owned parking spaces, railroad crossings, school zones and crosswalks
- Some street construction and asphalt paving projects
- Maintain city and state right of ways within the city. Consisting of, but not limited to, mowing, trimming and litter collection, etc.
The Street Maintenance crew consists of one foreman and 13 employees.
For information on who to contact for traffic maintenance, and/or City tree maintenance, please contact the Street Maintenance Department at 731-642-0473.
Please report any potholes in the streets to the Public Work’s Dept. at 731-642-0473. The City will add it to the list to get repaired.
If a city resident requires their driveway pipe be replaced or a new one added, the Public Works Department will replace and maintain the pipe at no charge, however, the resident is responsible for the purchase of the pipe.
For street light installation and outages you should contact the Board of Public Utilities at 731-642-1322.